Renting a Room @ Leo XIII?
* There are 106 students rooms at Leo XIII
* There are many different communities
* Our student population consists of 48% women and 52% men
*Our students study at almost 20 different faculties.
* We have students from more than 20 different nationalities
* The team of directors consists of Fr. Reimund, Murielle, Dries and some residents (responsible students).
Practical information for 2023-2024:
* We use a KULeuven contract of 5 or 10 months
* A M room (around 14m²) costs 448 euro all included
* A L room (more than 20m²) costs 486 euro all included
* A XL room (more than 25m²) costs 519 euro all included
* The deposit is 370 euro
* Included in the rent is 60 euro energy component and 12 euro retribution for the community program of Leo XIII seminary
* All communal spaces (shower, toilets, kitchen, hallways,…) will be cleaned weekly by our cleaning lady Kelly
Other advantages of the Leo XIII seminary
* Central location in Leuven (10 min. from the railway station)
* Many communal spaces: tv room, bar (with party games, table football,billiard table, …)
* Polyvalent hall (with projector, piano, …), chapel
* Big and cosy garden with picknick tables
* Nice and open community atmosphere
* Two monumental hallways
Motivational letter required
The Leo XIII seminary is a vivid student residence of the KULeuven that is looking for motivated and commited students. From a Christian point of view the Leo XIII seminary wants to offer students the room and environment to grow in their studies but also as a human being. We expect from students that they take certain commitments in the communal life, participate in the formative and group binding activities and show openness for religion and the Christian tradition.
Important remark: In a lot of KU Leuven residences only students who are enrolled for a basic degree (first bachelor's degree, first master's degree, transition year, graduate programme, preparatory programme or preparatory language year ILT) can apply for a room. The Leo XIII seminary is an exception to this rule: we consider applications from all types of students, including bachelor-after-bachelor, master-after-master and PhD students.